GW2 banner

GW2 banner

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim



Okay here it goes. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim must be the most anticipated game of the year, and not only because we know its release date (which is 11.11.11). Once again it seems that Bethesda has overdone itself in making of the game. /hype off. Okay now lets be honest. There are more than 6 months left to release date and already they have let us see gameplaying of the game. How cool is that? You can also visit the TES: Skyrim website for additional info and trailer that is downloadable in HD. ( http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/ )

What do we know about Skyrim then? I know this much: You play as a dragon hunter, which main job is to vanquish all the evil dragons. You can choose to be mage or archer or warrior, but you do slay dragons. And as you slay them, you gain powers that make your game experience much more enjoyable (like teleport). There are many new features that will blown your mind, like dualwielding. And once again, you can read about the plot of the game from wikipedia, I'm not telling more than this in my blog.

After watching the trailer and some other Skyrim videos, I have to tell you about two things that came in my mind. First thing is graphics. Oblivion took huge leap in graphics from Morrowind, and of course we are expecting the same thing for Skyrim to do. Well, its kinda yes and no. Yes it has much better graphics than Oblivion and through it the medieval atmosphere flows much easier through you. Though it is not as good as seen in Battlefield 3 trailer. Second one is music. One of my favorite music maker Jeremy Soule makes all of Skyrims music and it's UNBELIEVABLE GOOD. Listen to that trailer music, its like immediate eargasm everytime you hear it. Oh well, maybe im just a big fan of game/movie soundtracks but I feel that it was worth mentioning.

So yeah, it is going to be an awesome game. It's all good and stuff, but I'm just curious about one thing: Will I be able to minimize my gamewindow while playing? It was like hell applying all the cheats and look for the help from the internet as I had to close down my game in Oblivion, please dont be like that anymore :(

4 comments:

  1. THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE EPIC, IT'S ONE OF THE REASONS I'M BUILDING A NEW DESKTOP!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOOOOOOOOHOHOHOH You don't know how hyped I am for this game!!!!

    I didn't even know it was coming out until I read this :)

    ReplyDelete